I’ve always dreamt that one day I would abolish child abuse. Since I was a young girl I’ve been bothered by the reality that children are abused and neglected everywhere. In seems as though laws are not severe enough to help prevent this maltreatment, and I wanted to be the person who changed this.
I remember being a little girl and there was a particular commercial on TV that caused me absolute heartache, it was the “Calgon” commercial. As funny as it seems, I thought when the baby was crying and the mother said, “Calgon take me away”, she was going to leave the baby. My mother tried explaining the reality of the commercial, but I cried every time. It was years later that I actually realized the meaning behind “Calgon take me away”. It was at this time I realized how passionate I was about children and their well-being.
Growing up in a large family with lots of love and affection, I couldn’t imagine what an abused child went through. As I got older and started watching the news, the stories devastated me and left me confused. How can people do this to innocent children? Why aren’t these “excuses for human beings” being punished for this? Who is there to protect these children? I prayed every night that someone would save these children. My prayers turned into dreams and I was the hero.
In my dreams children had voices, not just ordinary voices, but voices that brought delight to everyone eyes. In my dreams children have hopes and dreams and no one will dare rip that away from them, for one day those hopes and dreams will lead to a world of discovery and innovation. In my dreams the people who dare to harm these innocent blessings from God are justly punished for their actions. In my dreams there is no such thing as torture, starvation, neglect, or molestation. In my dreams there aren’t privileges for parents such as: rehabilitation over and over again, or a welfare system that compensates drug addict mothers and fathers for continuing to have children and then neglect them, or a system that allows child molesters to walk free after a few months in jail. My dreams are happy children enjoying their lives like children should be. In a place where people hug, listen, and believe in kids. A place with laws set in place, so no one can get away with hurting children. This is my dream, a dream that the children of our world are happy, healthy, protected and safe.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment